Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Friend of Vintage


I'm in love with all things vintage. If your grandma loved it, chances are that I will, too.

That's one reason I'm absolutely loving Stampin' Up's new Vintage Wallpaper Textured Embossing Folder. I'd love to have a dining room or a bathroom wallpapered in this fabulous textured pattern. This goodie was one of my first purchases from the new Stampin' Up catalog, which just came out July 1. (My wish list is almost as long as the catalog!)

I made this card with lots of goodies from the new catalog, including new card stock, inks and the Garden Gala designer series paper. I created the textured paper by running some Whisper White card stock through my Big Shot in the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder. I aged the paper by sponging on some Crumb Cake ink, Stampin' Up's new kraft-colored ink. (As my pal, Melissa Young says, this color is like khaki pants. It goes with everything. I agree.)

When I finished the card, I thought it needed a little something more. So, I added a special embellishment -- a beaded pearl earring that I bought years ago at a vintage clothing store. I love unexpected details like that! I love this card so much that it's going to be hard to send it to someone. It will definitely go to someone very special.

Here's what I used to make this vintage card. With the exception of the vintage earring, all items are Stampin' Up.

Card Stock: Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist, Whisper White

Designer Series Paper: Garden Gala

Ink: Marina Mist, Crumb Cake

Stamp Sets: Vintage Vogue,

Ribbon: Elementary

Other goodies: Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, The Tearing Edge, Corner Rounder punch

1 comment:

  1. I love this! The texture is divine and you are so right - unexpected details are what make things so special!

    You are a natural at this craft!

    ReplyDelete